6.23.2009

{germaine's luau}

Aloha! (Hello!) Okay, confession time. Although I've lived most of my life in Hawaii, I had never attended an actual luau. As a kama'aina (local resident), we consider luaus to be more "touristy" than anything else. But since I was playing tourist with Kiki/Mike/Fam, I got to attend my first "official" luau.

So what exactly is a luau? Well, a luau is translated to mean "Hawaiian Feast." And feast we did. It was a total feast for our eyes, as well as for our 'opu (tummies). Germaine's Luau definitely set the bar on any luau-ing I may do in the future. 'Elua (two) thumbs up!

Photobucket

E komo mai! (Welcome!)


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Taking the pig out of the imu.


Photobucket

Hawaiian food = Mmmmmmmhhhmmmmm! (too good for words)


Photobucket

Pau. (Finished)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ooh i've never been there but looks soo yummies!!!

♥M said...

I've been to Paradise Cove, but not Germaine's. Looks like fun!